Sony released its flagship phone in january 2013. It is one of the most brilliant devices we have seen. Sony Xperia Z is equipped with a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait processor, 2 GB of RAM and Adreno 320 GPU. Sony has equipped its device with some serious arsenal, making it able to handle heavy operations. It has a stunning Full HD 1080p display, which makes it just better!
Initially this device was released with android 4.1.2(Jelly Bean) loaded on it. Sony had themed it very nicely and the overall experience was both stylish and clean. Recently Sony has released android 4.2.2(Jelly Bean) for its device. This post is all about how to update sony xperia z c6602 to android 4.2.2. This update has brought some new features and also comes with some fixes. Sony claims to have fixed some issues faced by customers in camera app. Its performance has also been upgraded a bit. It now offers more smooth interface and become more lag-free. As included in android 4.2.2 OS, now it supports:
- Daydreaming feature
- Lockscreen widgets
- Better performance
SO HOW DO WE UPDATE IT?
There are two possible methods of updating it with official android 4.2.2 OS:
- Via OTA update
- Manually via flashtool
1. OTA UPDATE
To update it via OTA, you need to install Sony PC Companion on you Windows/Mac. Then just connect you device to computer via USB cable. Sony PC Companion will automatically detect the device. Open the software and check for updates. If a update has been dispatched for your device, it will tell you. Then just follow the steps provided. One can follow these steps without any fear as it is official, so there is no danger of getting something wrong. For those who didn’t receive OTA update must read how to flash manually.
2. Manually via flashtool
- Backup all your contacts, messages and important data in phone memory
- Install flashtool on you PC. You can find it here: Download Flashtool
- Download the firmware for you device model. Be very careful and always check you device model in Settings>About Phone to flash correct firmware. Download it here
- Confirm your device model is C6602
- After installing flashtool and downloading firmware, copy downloaded .ftf file into (C:\Flashtool\firmwares) folder
- Now start flashtool
- Click on lightning icon
- then click on flash mode
- Be careful while choosing right firmware.
- Select wipe option to wipe all data
- Check “no final verification” box
- click on “OK”
- Soon following screen will appear
- Hold the “VOLUME DOWN” button while connecting you device via usb cable to PC
- Flashtool will detect it automatically and start flashing
- Do not unplug the device during flashing
- Do not unplug until Flashing is 100% completed
- When it is done, unplug the device and power it on
- First boot may take longer than usual
- Now go to Stttings>About Phone and check you android version
- and it’s done!
You have successfully installed android 4.2.2 on your Xperia Z C6602. Enjoy! 🙂
P.S feel free to ask any question if you find any difficulty or facing any kind of problem in comments section below. Thanks