How To Recover Data From Samsung S2 S3 S4 Broken Screen
If your Smartphone’s Screen broke up, the most easiest ways to recover your data from your smartphone is by DATA CABLE or Using KIES Air. Well if you didn’t backed up your data, didn’t stored it in your SD card and you didn’t even turned on the USB debugging mode and all the functions and backlights of touch buttons work but you cant see anything on the screen, and you have connected your smartphone to your Laptop from data cable but you cant access your files because the screen is locked with a security pattern and you can not unlock it because the digitizer is not working,and you have also tried KIES but Still unable to recover your data, well this post can be of your great help then; I have collected two methods that can help you recover your pictures , videos, messages and contacts from Samsung S2 S3 S4 Broken Screen smartphones.
Recover Data From Samsung S2 S3 S4 Broken Screen
Method 1 to Recover Data from Samsung S2, S3, S4 Broken Screen
This Method will work Only if you used to have Samsung account on your smartphone, you can check if your Samsung account is registered or not here.
- Go onto the Samsung website.
- Click the Find my phone button or Simply login here.
- Login Using your Samsung Account you used to have on your smartphone.
- All the Options regarding using your smartphone remotely will be available on the screen.
- There will be an option on the left hand side of the screen to unlock your screen remotely.
- Connect with your USB Cable and KIES will allow you access to your files.
Method 2 to Recover Data from Samsung S2, S3, S4 Broken Screen
This Method is a bit Technical but it works 100% guaranteed, For this Method you need to have another Smartphone like yours but with working screen(e.g If you own S3, You Need to Borrow A friend’s S3)
Your data is saved on the motherboard, so you can just put it in another phone and back up from there.
Watch the tutorial for removing the display screen and its wires here
All you need to do is to be careful while following the steps mentioned below as to not damage the working device!
1) Take out the tiny screws from the back of phones (~10 in each).
2) Remove the plastic cover that is shielding the motherboard.
3) Unclip the display cable from both phones.
Note: The display clip for S4 is not where pictured above, its on the upper right.
4) Insert the cable from the phone with the working screen into the port on the cracked/locked phone.
5) Boot it back up, and save all of your files after unlocking it.
Also Check out: How to recover Contacts from Samsung S2 S3 S4
Latest posts by Abdullah Akbar (see all)
Posted in: Android, How To