Well its been quite a surprise for iOS users, As the Chinese developers and hackers have already released jailbreak for iOS 8.1 just after few weeks of its release, Apple claimed that iOS 8 is the best and most advanced operating system ever made and another feature that Apple has introduced is Apple pay,It allows you to make payments using your smartphone, Chinese developers getting into iOS and jailbreaking it sounds like a big problem for Apple as they have now have introduced payments through Apple pay.
In this Guide, I will guide you how can you Jailbreak your iOS 8.1 or iOS 8, Also note that Pangu jailbreak is untethered, But it doesnot have Cydia with it, You will have to personally download Cydia.For downloading Cydia you can see our guide here.
This guide is only for Windows users as Pangu developers havent yet released Mac version of their jailbreak App.
Following devices are supported for Pangu Jailbreak on iOS 8 and iOS 8.1:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini, Retina iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
- Before moving forward make sure to turn off your iPhone or iPad’s Password as it can make your jailbreak unsuccessful.
- To turn off Passcode goto Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock On -> Turn Passcode Of.
- Also backup your device on iTunes or iCloud Update your iTunes to latest version
- Jailbreaking voids warranty of your device,So proceed with caution.
- The Pangu team says that if you’ve done an OTA update, the jailbreak might not work. So please do a fresh install of iOS 8.1.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1 on iPhone and iPad
Following is the step to step easy guide that will allow you to jailbreak your device
- Download the latest version of Pangu jailbreak from following link
Pangu8 1.0.1 Windows version – [Official]
- Connect your device to your computer, and use iCloud or iTunes to back up any and all personal information that you need to keep safe.
- Most people have said that Pangu jailbreak is woking fine, But some has reported that they werenot able to jailbreak their device, So make backup to stay on safe side.
- Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Launch the pandgu application as an Administrator. Right Click on the Pangu exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- You should be presented with a screen like the one seen below. The application is in Chinese, and if you don’t have the required Chinese fonts on your laptop, you might see question marks instead of Chinese text.
- Uncheck the checkbox on the left that says “PP” and then click on the blue Jailbreak button.
- Now You will see the progress of the jailbreak, and the current stage in the 6 step jailbreak process. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- The second last step is when you device tells you, resote is in process. Wait for your device to reboot several times. The entire process should take around 5 to 10 minutes.
- After the jailbreak process completes, you’ll see a Pangu app on your device. This confirms that your device is jailbroken.
Thats it.! Now you can easily jailbreak your device and install various tweaks, If you have any problem regarding this guide let me know in the comments