Recently Apple released its latest operating system for Macs, the new operating system has brought a lot of new features, The user interface is also changed, Overall OS X Yosemite is one complete OS, Although after updating to OS X Yosemite the users of Mac are happy but some of them are experiencing WIfi connection problems.
Although its just a new operating system and the problems will be patched in updates, but in order to get quick remedy of this problem, I have compiled all the possible ways that can help you to Fix OS X Yosemite WiFi connection problem.
I also read a report on MacRumours that was citing Apple’s Support community posts showing How users are having problems with WiFi, the problem is not just with few users but hundreds of users are suffering from it, Although the complaints vary, Some have slow internet problem, Some have reported that Wifi disconnects frequently.
As Quoted from Apple’s Support Community
“Since upgrading to Yosemite, my previously-stable (with Mavericks) wifi connection keeps dropping. I have to click the wifi icon and re-select my network every minute or two. I have turned off bluetooth and uninstalled/reinstalled wifi and my networks. I have rebooted multiple times. No luck so far. It appears that others are having similar problems.“
How to Fix OS X Yosemite WiFi Connection problem
Following are all the solutions that I have compiled from all the forums and tech experts,These following fix was found working for many OS X Yosemite users.One another thing that was noticed after using these below tricks to fix Wifi Connection was that this issue comes back after some time.
- Goto Keychain > System > Locate your wireless connection > Click on it, There will be two tabs > Attributes and Access Control, Now you have to go into Access Control and Put the check on to the option saying Allow all applications to access this item.
- Change your network from 5GHZ to 2.4GHZ network (N network).
- Change your WIFI routers 5GHz (G) channel to be somewhere between 50-120.
- Turn Off Bluetooth.
If above solution doesnot works, Trash O X bluetooth preference file,That might work.
Trash OS X Bluetooth preferences file
- Goto Macs Finder.
- Now select File menu and select New Finder Window.
- Now select Macs icon in the Devices.
- Now Open your Mac Harddisk
- Click on Library
- Select Preferences
- Now you have to locate a file named as “ “
- Copy it to your Desktop.
- Now drag the preference folder to trash bin, Now mac will ask you that Finder wants to make changes.
- Enter your password.
- Restart your Mac.
Above solutions should fix OS X Yosemite WiFi Connection problem, If you know some other solution let us know in the comments.