AirDrop is a useful feature that allows you to transfer data between your iPhones or iPads, You can also use it to transfer data from Mac to iPhone or iPad, Its quote a useful feature and it uses both Wifi and Bluetooth, Bluetooth for connection and data transfer through Wifi, Airdrop is power efficient, fast, and secure. You can use this to transfer data between iPhones and iPads as well, you can AirDrop photos, videos, contacts, Passbook passes, Voice Memos, Map locations and more with people nearby with an Apple device.
To share content with AirDrop, both people need one of these devices using iOS 7 or later, or a Mac with OS X Yosemite:
- iPhone 5 or later
- iPad (4th generation or later)
- iPad mini
- iPod touch (5th generation)
You also need to turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. If you want to share with your contacts, sign in to your iCloud account.
Use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad
Following are the easy steps to turn on AirDrop on iPhone or iPad.
- Open Control Center by swiping your finger up from the bottom of your iPhone or iPad.
- Turn on both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi .
- Tap on AirDrop.
- Choose the Contacts Only or Everyone.
Note: If you’re using Contacts Only, you and the other device you want to share data with needs to be logged into iCloud. For privacy reasons, Apple won’t share your contacts with another device to determine if there’s a match, Your both iCloud accounts will be checked first and if there is a match, It will show you your own version of the contact on your own device. That way, no data gets leaked.
To disable AirDrop, repeat the same steps and choose Off.
Transfer files between iPhone and iPad with AirDrop
- Find the file you would like to send with AirDrop.
- Tap the Share button.
- Choose the contact you’d like to AirDrop to.
Transfer files between iPhone and Mac on OS X Yosemite
AirDrop is enabled by default on Yosemite. Open Finder and you will see AirDrop listed in the Sidebar on the left or you can open it from the Finder Go menu. On an iOS device, you can enable AirDrop via Control Center. You can allow the AirDrop to transfer data between contacts or everyone.
To send a file via AirDrop in Finder
- Drag a file to an icon in the AirDrop window
- A file is automatically received if the device you send it to uses your iCloud account
- If you send a file to someone else, The device will be asked to accept or decline the AirDrop transfer.
Once it finishes you should see a Sent message underneath it,Thats it, Its quite easy to use AirDrop, If you have any problem regarding the use of AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad, let us know in the comments