As we already know that Android 5.0 Lollipop is a most awaited update as there is a whole new UI and different stuff. There were really tough competitions of different companies. LG G3 is also on the line of getting Android latest OS. According to the latest news LG G3 will be getting its Android Lollipop by the end of 2014. But thanks to htcmania.com we can now manually update our LG G3 D855. Before proceeding any further, you should know that this update is only for the LG G3 D855, it will be useless to try it to other versions of this Smartphone.
The newest OS brings some amazing brilliant design, other than that, LG G3 wasn’t really good at its battery timing but this new update will bring the most out of it. I have tried on my Smartphone and it really brings the best battery out of my Smartphone. Now I am really satisfied with this device. If you have rooted your Smartphone, make sure you should un-root it first.
Now if you want to update your LG G3 D855 to Android 5.0 Lollipop, make sure you have created some fine backup as you will lose your data. Now that you have created a backup, you may proceed further but let me tell you one thing. Even though it is an official ROM but still if you do something wrong or the method won’t work out for you, we don’t take any responsibilities. Here are some screenshots of newest OS on LG G3 D855.
You can update it manually like that or you can just wait a little. Now you need to download LG tool, driver and Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM for your device. To do that, the link is given below.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on LG G3 D855
- Charge your phone to at least 60%.
- Download LG Flash Tool 2014, install it and extract it anywhere on your PC.
- Download and Install LG G3 Drivers.
- Download the Android Lollipop file from the link given above. After done downloading, extract it anywhere on your PC. While Extracting, if it asks for a password, type “lgbbs”.
- Open LG Flash Tool folder and then run “LGFlashTool2014.exe”.
- Now you have to connect your LG G3 D855 on PC in its “download mode”,
- To get into its download mode, turn off your device, press and hold volume up button while doing do. Once you are in download mode.
- Now connect it with its original USB Cable.
- Now LG Flash Tool will give you several options, don’t change the CDMA type.
- Select “DIAG” option in PhoneMode.
- Now select the KDZ file that you have extracted in third step.
- Run the Flash in “CSE” mode which enables it to automatically wipe all of your data.
- Select Start and when the new box will popup, change the country to whatever language you prefer.
- Everything afterwards will be done automatically, it will take few minutes. Make sure during this update, you don’t unplug your phone or do something else on your PC.
- Once it is finished, your Smartphone will restart. Now unplug your device and enjoy Android 5.0 on LG G3 D855.
Note:- Just in case LG Flash Tool isn’t flashing the lollipop ROM on your LG G3; unplug it, turn it off, remove its battery, put it again, turn it on and then again try flashing it with the easy method given above. If you have any question regarding to this guide, feel free to ask us in the comment box below.