Microsoft gave birth to both Xbox and windows, both are from the same company, and mostly if a person uses Xbox, he has a Microsoft windows running PC or laptop, All the devices and projects are converged on the basis of their roots making it easier for the user to sync different devices to converge into same cloud platform and where all the material can be shared easily with every device the user has.
its easy to add your music library to xbox from Windows 8.1 but its troublesome to add Xbox music into your windows 8.1 pc or laptop, In this post I will tell you how can you add Xbox music on Windows 8.1.
How to Add Xbox Music on Windows 8.1
Before moving forward make sure that you have already added your music to the Music app. If you havent here is how you can add stored music to Xbox Music
Start the Music app.
Move your pointer to the upper-right or lower-right corner of your screen, or swipe from the right side of the screen to bring up the Charms bar.
- Tap or click Settings.
- Tap or click Preferences.
- Tap or click Choose where we look for music on this PC.
- Tap or click the “+” button to see your local folders.
- Select a folder, select Add this folder to music to add the folder, and then tap or click OK.
- After you’ve added all your music folders, tap or click Done.
To remove music folders:
- Tap or click the “X” in the upper-right corner of the folder tile.
- Tap or click Remove Folder to confirm.
Note You can’t remove the last folder. The collection needs at least one folder to work.
Once you’ve removed all the folders you want to remove, tap or click Done.
If you have music stored externally (for example, on a USB flash drive or an external hard drive)
You can add music from a USB flash drive or external hard drive directly to the library.
If you have music stored on a network or network access storage (NAS) drive
To use a network drive with the Music app:
- The drive must be hosted by a Windows operating system.
- You must have Windows Search and Desktop Experience features installed.
- You must enable Indexing for the share.
Thats it, i hope this guide was helpful for you guys, If there is any problem regarding How to add Xbox music on windows 8.1 let me know in the comments.