Galaxy Note 4 in Poland has received Android 5.0.1 Lollipop official update. The model number of Galaxy Note 4 receiving this update is N910C. This update is available via Kies in Poland only at the time of writing. Galaxy Note 4 users living in other countries will have to wait or the official update via Kies. These is another way to update N910C to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Official FIrmware. It can be updated using Odin PC and it will not trip Knox counter. Those who want to update their phones now will not have to wait for the OTA update.
The Lollipop update makes the phone faster and smoother than before. Android Lollipop is supposed to improve the battery life of this phone along with the performance of this phone. There are many under the hood changes which will improve overall performance and security of the device. The UI of TouchWiz is changed to some extent. If you want to update your device to Lollipop manually, then follow this guide to update your device.
- Model: SM-N910C
- Model name: GALAXY Note 4
- Version: Android 5.0.1
- PDA: N910CXXU1BOB4
- CSC: N910COXA1BOB4
- MODEM: N910CXXU1BOB4
This update is for Galaxy Note 4 N910C only. Do not attempt to install it on any other variant of Galaxy Note 4. It can cause the device to be soft-bricked or permanently damaged. This guide is only for updating Note 4 N910C to 5.0.1 Lollipop Official Firmware.
Samsung GALAXY Note 4 USB Drivers
The USB drivers are a must-install for updating manually. Without USB drivers, phone cannot be properly connected to PC. download and install USB drivers installer from the link given below. It is for Windows devices. After installing USB Drivers, connect the phone to PC to complete the drivers installation.
Make a Backup
It is critical that you make a backup of all important data since the device will be wiped during installation. If device is not rooted, use the following guide to make a backup of messages and contacts. The contents of internal storage should be copied to any other media storage like PC. The external SD Card (if used) should be unmounted while flashing the firmware.
If the device is rooted, then you can make an advanced backup using the Titanium Backup application. If you have not used this application before, then follow the below given guide to learn how to use Titanium Backup to make a complete backup of device.
If a custom recovery is installed, then make the Nandroid backup. If you do not know what is a nandroid backup or do not know how to use it, then use the following guide for it.
These backups are so highly recommended because if something goes wrong, you can easily restore your device to a previously stored point. This makes flashing much less frightening for some people.
Remember that all processes like rooting, flashing and manual updating are custom methods. They have no concern with Google or mobile manufacturer. Follow every step carefully to avoid any mishap. Owner of site will not be held responsible in case of any mishap. Do it at your own risk. Rooting and flashing custom ROMs will also void warranty.
Steps to Update GALAXY Note 4 N910C to Lollipop (5.0.1)
- Download Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Official Firmware for Galaxy Note 4 N910C.
- Start Odin PC. You can Download It Here. (Odin v3.09)
- Extract the downloaded firmware and you will find .tar.md5 file in it.
- Now turn off Note 4.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Buttons until you see a warning screen.
- Confirm it and enter Download Mode,
- Once device is in download mode, connect it using a USB Cable to PC.
- In Odin, the color of box in upper left corner will change.
- In the box below, it will show if connection is successful.
- Now click on AP/PDA button and select the extracted tar file,
- Odin will analyze the file and let you know when it is ready for flashing.
- Make sure that only Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked.
- Make sure Re-Partition is not ticked.
- Once everything is checked, start flashing by clicking flash button in bottom right corner.
- Flashing will take about 3 minutes.
- It will reboot the device automatically.
- First boot will take longer than usual because of certain one time tasks.
- That’s all. Now your Galaxy Note 4 N910C is running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Official Firmware.
Got any questions? Ask me in the comments below