Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has finally received the Official Lollipop update and we have posted the guide to update Note 4 N910C to official lollipop firmware. The new update contains lots of goodies, which were introduced in Lollipop update by Google and some UI updates by Samsung itself. The performance of the device is already impressive so there are doubts if you will feel any difference. The battery life of the phone should be improved because of certain features of battery saving in Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you have already updated your smartphone with this update, then you must have noticed all of this. If you are reading this then you probably want to root your device.
Previous root access must have been wiped when phone is updated whether using Odin or OTA update. Google made certain changed in Android 5.0 so the root access is not the same anymore. It can be gained with a slightly different method. Thanks to Chainfire, the rooting method for Android 5.0 is simplified once again. Just follow the guide given below to root Galaxy Note 4 N910C running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Official Firmware. You must follow all the given steps to make sure that device stays safe during the entire procedure.
The most basic requirement is that phone should be running stock Android 5.0 firmware. This rooting method does not use custom recovery. Phone will be rooted using the stock recovery. This is the simplest and easiest rooting method available for Galaxy Note 4 N910C.
Samsung GALAXY Note 4 USB Drivers
The USB drivers are a must-install for updating manually. Without USB drivers, phone cannot be properly connected to PC. download and install USB drivers installer from the link given below. It is for Windows devices. After installing USB Drivers, connect the phone to PC to complete the drivers installation.
Make a Backup
It is critical that you make a backup of all important data since the device will be wiped during installation. If device is not rooted, use the following guide to make a backup of messages and contacts. The contents of internal storage should be copied to any other media storage like PC. The external SD Card (if used) should be unmounted while flashing the firmware.
Remember that all processes like rooting, flashing and manual updating are custom methods. They have no concern with Google or mobile manufacturer. Follow every step carefully to avoid any mishap. Owner of site will not be held responsible in case of any mishap. Do it at your own risk. Rooting and flashing custom ROMs will also void warranty.
How to Root N910C Lollipop (5.0.1) Official Firmware
- Download and start Odin PC v3.09.
- Download and extract CF AutoRoot package.
- You will get a .tar.md5 file from the package.
- Place in anywhere on PC.
- Now turn off Galaxy Note 4 N910C.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Buttons.
- Keep the buttons pressed until you see a warning screen. Confirm and move on Download Mode screen.
- Now plug-in the USB Cable to PC.
- The ID:COM box’s color in upper left corner will change.
- Once it shows connected in log below, head on to next step.
- Click on AP/PDA tab and select the downloaded .tar.md5 file.
- Odin will load and analyze the file until it is ready for flashing.
- When it is ready for flashing, it will give the message.
- Now make sure that only Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time are ticked. Re-Partition must not be ticked!
- Once verified, start flashing by clicking on the button in bottom right corner.
- The phone will reboot itself once flashing is done.
- You will see SuperSU in app drawer when the phone boots up.
- It means that phone is rooted.
- That’s it! Enjoy root access on Galaxy Note 4 N910C Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware.
Got any questions? Ask me in the comments below!