ADB means Android Debug Bridge. It is one of the most essential tools for Android development. Whether you want to flash a custom kernel or want to establish a secure connection between PC and Android device or Android emulator.
To set up ADB and Fastboot drivers, many downloads are required which are quite space consuming. Not only that, but it also requires some knowledge about this stuff. However, most of Android users do not know much about Android SDK and all these things. That is why a recognized contributor Shimp208 at XDA Developers has just solved this problem.
However, before we proceed, we want you to understand the working of ADB and Fastboot. To do so, visit this Link.
After reading this, you must have understood that it is not an easy task to install and set up ADB and Fastboot drivers. If we make even one mistake at one point, we might need to repeat the whole procedure over again. Another very big advantage of Minimal ADB and Fastboot installer is that its size is very small; 2MB as compared to ~500MB of complete Android SDK tools. You do not have to download files from different sources and install them according to a special pattern. Just start the installer and you are good to go.
We need ADB and Fastboot for various reasons like installing CWM or TWRP custom recovery in an Android smartphone or tablet. For flashing a custom ROM, mostly we need to flash a custom kernel first. Minimal ADB and Fastboot installer is made for those who do not want to get into complex world of Java and SDK but still enjoy custom ROM and custom MODs on their smartphones and tablets.
- Your device must be plugged in to PC via a standard USB cable
- USB Debugging must be enabled. To do so, navigate to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging
- If you cannot find developer options in Settings menu, then navigate to Settings > About Phone/Tablet and tap “Software version” seven times. It will enable Developer options in settings menu
- You must have drivers for your device installed on PC. Your device must be recognized by your PC
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Installer from the link given below
- Start the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions
- It is advisable that you install it on desktop for convenience
- Also make a Desktop shortcut
- After it is installed, run from desktop shortcut and it will open Command prompt
- You can use all Fastboot commands from here
*This is for Windows only
*Download links are of shimp208 himself